The Registrar will plot all academic space in the appropriate rooms by Thanksgiving for the Spring Semester. Academic space for the Fall Semester will be plotted up through August 15th or the nearest date after that, to allow reasonable access for late faculty hires. Once classroom needs have been finalized, then the go-ahead will be given to SLC for Community Engagement Alison Trimmer for all other campus-wide scheduling. Classes requested after this time will be scheduled on a space-available basis.
- Faculty, staff and students will use the same procedure for booking all events.
- First check the availability of your preferred room.
- If the desired room is in the following list, obtain permission from the designated contact:
- Baber: Cathy Osman
- Campus Center: Brian Newcomb
- Dining Hall: Benjamin Newcomb
- Drury: Cathy Osman
- Library: Beth Ruane
- Perrine: Cathy Osman
- Persons: Randy Knaggs
- Ragle: Matan Rubinstein
- Serkin Dance Studio: Kristin Horrigan
- Total Health Center: Celena Romo
- Whittemore: David Underwood
- Woodard: John Willis
- Once you have gained permission for the space (if required), submit your reservation request.
- Rooms that are not needed should be canceled by the requester in writing so that the space is made available to others. If the requester made the reservation through the Registrar, the cancellation should be made there as well; similarly for Receptionist & Administrative Aid requests.
- In the event a Marlboro College community member requires a specific room for an important event and the room has already been previously booked by someone else, it will be up to the community member needing the room to work out mutually-acceptable arrangements with the original party and to let Alison Trimmer or the Registrar know, in writing, if a change of rooms occurs. It is not the responsibility of the Registrar or Alison Trimmer to negotiate special arrangements between parties.
In all cases, the individual or group using the space will be responsible for cleaning the area as well as turning off the lights and locking the door.
Thank you for your cooperation!