Marlboro College has signed up with Google to provide Google Apps (including GMail) for your Marlboro.edu account!
Google Apps is a suite of web-based programs that you can use to access your email and create and share Microsoft Office-compatible documents, create and share personal or department calendars, create and work with collaborative groups and even chat with other staff, faculty or students. Because these are offered through the same site (Marlboro’s Google Apps), all the features are well-integrated and linked together with your account.
Why Should You Switch?
- You can more easily collaborate on and share documents and calendars with other Marlboro staff, faculty and students who are already using Google Apps.
- You can save, create and share documents from email attachments without leaving your mailbox.
- If you currently have a personal GMail account, you are already familiar with Marboro’s Google Apps mail interface.
- Your mail can be automatically moved to Marlboro’s Google Apps for you, and you can begin using it to send email right away.
- Everybody’s doing it. Over time, we’ll be transitioning away from Marlboro’s current webmail, GMail is the new webmail.
Why Should You Wait?
If any of these apply to you, you should contact Tech Support before you begin the migration.
- You have a complicated mail filter arrangement or forwarding configuration. These won’t transfer to Marlboro’s Google Apps automatically and you will need to recreate some or all of them -- depending on which of them you still need.
- You have important calendars set up in the old Webmail. We can help you move these over to the Marlboro’s Google Apps Calendar.
- You use only an external mail client (like Outlook or Thunderbird) to access your email, and you need help reconfiguring it to connect to Marlboro’s Google Apps.