You are here
Communication and Design Manager
Position Title: Communications and Design Manager
Department: Communications and Marketing
Reports To: Chief External Relations Officer
Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive approach and aesthetic to college-wide communications. Works closely with staff and faculty across the undergraduate and graduate programs to promote the college’s strategic identity through its branding, image, message, and visibility in both digital and print media.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of short- and long-term communications plans in support of the college’s institutional goals for both undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Manage communications and development of projects from conception through implementation, including budget estimation, planning, scheduling, and design, in support of the entire Marlboro community;
- Project manage design and print projects, working closely with departments and coordinating all printing and mailing with outside vendors;
- Provide design services for projects, as needed, or manage outside venders;
- Manage budgeting for all communications projects;
- Foster opportunities for college community for participation in development of communications strategies and/or projects;
- Coordinate campus public events by acting as a liaison with faculty and student events committees to strategize on promotion; task members of the community, including student employees, with event responsibilities; gather information on events to manage outreach for the community calendar (print, web, email, media calendar listings, etc).
- Administer the eNewsletter application, create newsletters, manage lists, and analyze reports.
- Manage visual presence on key web pages for Marlboro.edu
- Lead social media efforts for the college including main sites for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Remain current on trends and best practices within education, design, and communications;
- Create dashboards for reporting to the board of trustees;
- Actively participate within the Marlboro community: regularly attend college events, serve on committees, and participate in Town meetings.
- Provide guidance and supervision to student workers assigned to the Communications and Marketing department.
- BA degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or related field;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in marketing; experience in a non-profit, academic or other similar environment preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to align efforts and initiatives with strategic objectives;
- Demonstrated success in managing, developing and growing programs; ability for organizing tasks, meeting deadlines and working on multiple projects concurrently;
- Advanced skills in graphic design and photo editing, as revealed in previous work; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred;
- Experience creating and managing eNewsletters;
- Superior written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to approach and respond to individuals at all levels of the organization and within the community in an appropriate manner.