You are here
Assistant Director of Admissions
Position Title: Assistant Director of Admissions
Reports To: Dean of Enrollment and Financial Aid
Recruit, enroll and advise prospective freshman and transfer students through the admissions and financial aid processes.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Recruit and advise prospective freshman and transfer students through the admissions and financial aid processes;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with external school counselors, directors of guidance, college advisers and independent educational consultants;
- Manage outreach initiatives in multiple geographic territories;
- Process and review applicant files and documentation, assess and make admission decisions including selection for scholarship nomination;
- Serve on Admissions Committee as full voting member;
- Interview prospective students on and off campus and prepare evaluations;
- Plan and collaborate on design and execution of on and off campus marketing events, open houses, etc.;
- Participate in planning and coordination of seasonal travel;
- Review and assess value of participation in college fairs for the purposes of generating interest in Marlboro College by prospective students;
- Represent the College at receptions, events and high school programs;
- Initiate outreach to on-line, web based inquiries;
- Serve on search committees at the request of the Dean
- Co-lead, with the associate director of admissions, the training of new faculty interviewers for the admission review process.
- Serve as the admission staff liaison to, and an active member of, the New England Association for College Admission Counseling (NEACAC)
- Participate, as necessary, as an active member of on campus committees.
- Participate in the shared administration of the office visit schedule for prospective students.
- Participate in hiring, training and leadership and management of student tour guides, including overnight host program and campus visits;
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate performance of staff and student workers. Identify performance concerns and take appropriate intervention and/or disciplinary action.
In conjunction with the Admissions Office Manager, provide guidance and direction to 8-10 student workers in connection with the Campus Visit Program.
- Minimum Qualifications: BA/BS in a related field (communications, psychology, marketing, etc.)
- 2+ years of related professional experience within the admissions field, preferably within the higher education environment.
- Computer literacy;
- Current, Valid driver’s license and the ability to conduct regular day and over-night travel;
- Effective time management skills, ability to organize and coordinate systems, strong verbal and written communication skills, detail and action-oriented, ability to multitask.