You are here
Admissions Marketing Manager
Position Title: Admissions Marketing Manager
Reports To: Dean of Admissions
Reporting to the Dean of Admissions, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to college-wide marketing that positively impacts both undergraduate and graduate enrollment. The Marketing Manager will work closely with all college staff, faculty and students across the undergraduate and graduate campuses to promote the College’s strategic identity through its established brand messaging, visibility guidelines, and mission. Working closely with the Admissions, Communications and IT offices, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and managing a multifaceted marketing plan that will promote awareness of Marlboro College and its academic and extracurricular programs, services, successes and achievements among external and internal constituents.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of short- and long-term marketing plans in support of the college’s recruitment goals for both undergraduate and graduate recruitment;
- Manage marketing projects from conception through implementation including budget estimation, planning, scheduling, project management, and data analysis;
- Foster opportunities for college community participation in development of marketing strategies and/or outreach opportunities;
- Manage marketing engagement campaigns that will generate inquiries and increase conversion rates from inquiry to applicant;
- Create and manage digital and print marketing campaigns including social media advertising, Google AdWords, etc. in line with brand messaging and/or in collaboration with communications staff;
- Lead overall design, navigation, and site structure for website independently at times and in collaboration with communications staff and faculty at the college; utilize SEO best practices and regularly review Google Analytics;
- Remain current on trends and best practices within education, marketing, and admissions;
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions office to develop, create and implement communication plans for all undergraduate and graduate admissions populations and alumni;
- Maintains the social media, video and other electronic communications functions directly involved with the admissions and retention of students;
- Work closely with the Admissions Office, the College Writer/Editor and College Designer to create innovative and effective display and electronic advertising, posters and flyers, departmental brochures, media inserts, and other college publications for use in student recruitment;
Provide guidance and supervision to student workers assigned to the admissions department.
- BA degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, communications or related field;
- Minimum 2-5 years of related experience in marketing, recruiting or a sales setting. Experience in a higher education, not-for-profit, or other similar environment preferred; Demonstrated ability to align efforts and initiative with strategic objectives;
- Experience in developing and or executing comprehensive marketing plans that include print, electronic, digital and social media;
- Demonstrates proficiency and experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.;
- Ability to translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, set expectations and monitor delegated activities;
- Demonstrated success in managing, developing and growing programs;
- Demonstrated ability for organization, meeting deadlines and working on multiple projects concurrently;
- Superior written and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to approach and respond to individuals at all levels of the organization and within the community in an appropriate manner;
- Demonstrates efficiency with the use of computer software, including Word, Excel, digital publishing and Adobe Creative cloud.
- Experience in digital campaign execution and excellent analytical experience required;
- Experience using social media for strategic marketing purposes;
- Knowledge of higher education and/or admissions CRM’s and Drupel CMS preferable.
Grade: 7 Full-time