Learning about who you are and how you want to make an impact is a great place to begin. Careers that combine your skills, interests, values, and personality are usually a great fit.
Ingredients for Making a Well-Informed Decision
- O*net Interest Profiler – How your interests match career fields.
- SkillScan is an online interactive tool that will help you to identify your greatest strengths and transferable skills for your career development. It is also an effective tool for identifying skills for your resume.
- Critical Skills assessment for career readiness based on a list of competencies identified by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Uncovering your Values is an exercise from The Pivot Method by Jenny Blake.
- Myplan.com Values Assessment is a free online tool that helps you identify what is important to you in a job or career. The Values Assessment doesn’t match you with specific jobs; rather, it helps you determine the specific needs, values and motivations that can lead to potential job satisfaction.
- 16Personalities is a very simplified free online tool based on the Myers-Briggs personality theory.
- Humanmetrics is a free personality test is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ personality type theory.
Complete one or all of the assessments and then schedule a 1-1 coaching appointment to discuss the results and plan your next steps!