Welcome new students! We are thrilled you will be joining the Marlboro community and look forward to meeting you.
Prior to your arrival, there's a lot of information we need to exchange. In order to make things easier for you (and to further green our environment), we present to you this Virtual Welcome Packet. When you have completed every item on the CHECKLIST PAGE, you're ready to come to campus! Your deadline for each and every form is December 19, 2015. It is imperative that you submit your forms by this date or your enrollment status will be affected. Thank you for your cooperation.
- READ the Health Services Information letter outlining our information needs.
- COMPLETE the Emergency Contact form. This must be submitted by December 19, 2015.
- COMPLETE the Insurance Information form. This must be submitted by December 19, 2015.
- PRINT, COMPLETE AND MAIL BACK the Health Form. The personal medical history (to be completed by you), medical history, physical exam and immunization verification (all to be completed by an appropriate health care provider) MUST be returned to the college by December 19, 2015.
- Please note that starting in academic year 2016 the philosophical exemption will no longer be an available option per new Vermont law. If you have any questions about the new law or about immunizations schedules, please call the health center at 802-258-9335. For an Immunization Exemption, you can use this form.
- COMPLETE the Personal Evacuation Plan. This form is used in the (hopefully) unlikely event that the college needs to be closed for a short amount of time due to an epidemic or weather-related emergency, but the academic year has not been concluded. This must be submitted by December 19, 2015.
- COMPLETE the FERPA Acknowledgment Rights Waiver. This must be submitted by December 19, 2015.
- COMPLETE (optional) the FERPA Release Form if you want the college to be able to communicate with anyone but you regarding information on billing, financial aid, housing/discipline and academic status.
- COMPLETE the Housing Intake Questionnaire. This must be submitted by December 19, 2015.
- READ the "What to Bring" list and pack accordingly.
- SET UP your student account login to view and print tuition bills, make payments and set-up third party payers.
- ACKNOWLEDGE your responsibility to cover the cost of your education.
- Please visit Bridges to learn more about Bridges Orientation Trips. Participation is free! Bridges introduce you to a group of incoming students and local areas of interest! As information becomes available on the trip option, it will be uploaded to the Bridges page. For more information regarding trips, please contact Outdoor Programs.
- READ through the Advising Section on our website to learn how academic advising works at Marlboro.
- COMPLETE the Information for Academic Advising form. This must be submitted by December 19, 2015. PLEASE NOTE: This is not a form to register for all of your clases. Course registration is a process you undertake with your academic advisor when you arrive here.
Student Accessibility and Disability Services
- READ the Services for Students with Disabilities letter.
- COMPLETE the Voluntary Disclosure of Disability (optional). It would be helpful if this could be submitted by January 4, 2016 but we do consider requests at any and all points throughout the year.
- READ through the Community Constitution and Bylaws to learn more about Town Meeting, committees, and the rules that govern our community.
Marlboro College Campus Store
- SELECT and purchase Marlboro College gear, and check out our course book buying tips and other policies at the Campus Store online. Our store also carries school and art supplies, toiletries, residential supplies, snacks and mini-meals. Students in good standing with the business office may charge purchases in the store.
There's clearly plenty to get done and you may have questions. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there's something I can help clarify.
We truly look forward to meeting you.
Dean of Students