You are here
Questions for a Potential Plan Sponsor
Questions you might ask a potential Plan sponsor:
- I am (perhaps) interested in _____________________ for my Plan. Are you someone I should talk with? Who else would you recommend?
- What background coursework would you recommend if I’m contemplating Plan work in _______________? (Be sure you check appropriate sections of the on-line Course Book and Plan Guide before you ask this question.)
- What would you recommend I take this spring semester?
- How do you structure tutorials and/or work with Plan students?
- How structured/ directive are you with regard to tutorials and Plan work? How/why/describe.
- (If appropriate) When could we set up a time to talk in more depth or to discuss a Preliminary Plan application?
When you’re preparing to go on Plan, here are some important things to remember:
- Devote yourself to the PROCESS . . . the product will emerge
- Ask questions / seek guidance, input, and support from your:
- Advisor and teachers
- Potential Plan sponsor(s)
- Other students, people who know you well
- Hilly (Advising Office), other staff
- Course Book & Plan Guide 2000-2002
- Student Handbook (pp 20-23)
- Information from Plan packet
- Strategically plan courses (soph year) and tutorials (jr year)
- Consider field work, internship, study abroad – and start thinking / talking / planning EARLY
- Stay attuned to your process and how it feels
- Don’t set unreasonable expectations
- Have fun!