You are here

Housing On & Off Campus

On Campus Options:

Residential Buildings

There are 9 residential buildings on campus that are designated as On Campus:  All the Way, Half Way, Happy Valley, Hendricks, Howland East, Howland WestRandom North, Random South & Schrader.  These buildings consist of single, double, and triple rooms.  All residences have shared all gender bathrooms (unless otherwise noted by a Charter created by the residents).  Howland, All the Way, Hendricks, and Random South all have kitchens.  Most of these buildings have common rooms, furnished with couches, chairs and tables.  Each room has a desk, chair, twin bed, and dresser available for each occupant of the room. There is one wall mounted light per room (bringing a lamp is strongly encouraged).  There is no storage space outside of one's room, and window sizes vary from dorm to dorm.  Each of these buildings is supervised by a Resident AssistantStudents residing in these buildings must all be on the full Meal Plans.  


Semi-Independent Housing

There are several options for Semi-Independent HousingOut of the Way contains four suites with two doubles and a shared kitchen & bathroom and one suite with a single and a double and shared kitchen and bathroom.  There are 6 Cottages, each containing four single rooms and shared kitchen, bath, and living room.  There are two Cabins with one single and one double bedroom, shared kitchen, living room, and bath.  There are two houses located approximately one mile from main campus on South Rd, Whittemore House and Red House, that are sometimes used to house TAs and teaching fellows.  Red House has four single bedrooms, kitchen, bath, and living room.  whittemore House has two single bedrooms and one double bedroom, withone full bath and one half bath. In all of these options, students may opt for any of the Meal Plan options, including No Meal Plan. 

All campus housing is selected during the Housing Selection process.

Animals are not allowed in housing unless students have an approved Support Animal or Service Animal.

Questions?  Contact

Off Campus Housing Options:

While the Office of Housing & Residential Life does not maintain or supervise any Off Campus Housing arrangements, the following resources are available for students considering living off campus in the area:

-The Brattleboro Reformer Classified Ads also contains local rental vacancies

- Craigslist is a great local source as well

Trulia Marlboro apartment rental page

- Zillow Windham County apartment rental page with 20 listings with fair rental price estimates

- Trulia Windham real estate market overview page with helpful information for those familiarizing themselves with the local market

- Rent To Own Labs connects people with short & long-term rentals that they can eventually opt to own