You are here
For detailed information about working on campus, please see the Student Employment Handbook.
Applying for a Job
- Review the job listings (you should pick several)
- Send cover letters and résumés to the supervisor listed. Be sure to indicate which position(s) you are applying for and the reason for your interest. If you would like assistance with a cover letter or résumé please contact the Career Development office.
- Questions about the student employment process? Contact the Payroll office 802-451-7160/802-258-9275.
When You Arrive on Campus
- Contact the supervisors of the positions you applied for to set up an interview.
- Complete the I-9, W-4 and State forms. Bring those forms and an original social security card or a notarized copy along with one other document of identification (examples: passport, driver's license, or state ID) to the Payroll office in the Mather building.
Once You Are Hired
- Complete the Authorization to Work contract with your Supervisor. Return the contract to the Payroll office. I-9 and W-4/State forms should be turned in along with the contract.
- Each year you will need new Authorization to Work form, W-4 and State forms.
- You do not need a new I-9 form, but will need to update other documents that are needed for compliance annually.
Students not eligible for Federal Work Study must wait two weeks after the first day of classes to apply for any position. If you are not sure if you are eligible for Federal Work Study, please refer back to your financial aid award letter, call (802-258-9237 or 802-258-9312) or email the Financial Aid Office.