You are here

Student Employment

For detailed information about working on campus, please see the Student Employment Handbook.

Applying for a Job

  1. Revie the job listings (you should pick several)
  2. Send cover letters and résumés to the supervisor listed. Be sure to indicate which position(s) you are applying for and the reason for your interest.  If you would like assistance with a cover letter or résumé please contact the Career Development office.
  3. Questions about the student employment process? Contact the Student Accounts office 802-258-9241/9275.

When You Arrive on Campus

  1. Contact the supervisors of the positions you applied for to set up an interview.
  2. Complete the I-9 and W-4 forms. Bring those forms and an original social security card or a notarized copy along with one other document of identification (examples: passport, driver's license, or state ID) to the Student Accounts office in the Mather building.

Once You Are Hired

  1. Complete the Authorization to Work contract with your Supervisor. Return the contract to the Student Accounts office. I-9 and W-4 forms should be turned in along with the contract.

Returning Students

  1. Each year you will need new Authorization to Work form and W-4 form.
  2. You do not need a new I-9 form.

Students not eligible for Federal Work Study must wait two weeks after the first day of classes to apply for any position. If you are not sure if you are eligible for Federal Work Study, please refer back to your financial aid award letter, call (802-258-9237 or 802-258-9312) or email the Financial Aid Office.