On your computer
- iPhoto for Mac (included)
- Lightroom by Adobe, or Apature by Apple, is the next step up.
- Photoshop is an excellent but not for organizing and simple editing of photos.
- Dump to computer or cloud
- Delete duplicates and obviously bad photos.
- With each remaining photo, quickly crop in to rule of thirds guidelines and try auto balance (“Enhance” or “I’m feeling lucky”) etc. “undo” if you don’t like it.
- Use fine adjustments if you have time, especially “highlights” and “shadows”
- Organize photos in albums or folders so you can find them.