You are here
Location: Marlboro, VT
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Plant Operations
Perform diversified general grounds work, maintenance, and repair and carpentry duties on college facilities, buildings and common areas.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Perform diversified general maintenance and repair duties on buildings, grounds and common areas;
- Perform duties in accordance with work order or general instructions in a manner that is consistent with established procedures, processes or work instructions;
- Conduct ongoing inspection of grounds, buildings and common areas to pro-actively identify maintenance and repair needs;
- Perform new and repair painting of walls, trim, building, furniture etc. as directed;
- Perform a variety of general repair and/or maintenance of a carpentry, HVAC, plumbing nature such as: repair of exterior and interior walls, doors, windows, trim, furniture, gates, locks, and other structures or surfaces; HVAC system preventive maintenance, light and plumbing fixture repair and maintenance
- Perform all general grounds and landscaping duties including but not limited to: mowing, trimming, brush, and leaf and snow removal;
- Assist in the set up, disassembly and clean-up of furniture, structures and grounds in connection with college events;
- Submit parking and vehicle registration documents to appropriate individuals for processing in a timely manner;
- Perform general driving, pick up, drop off and delivery duties as requested.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience in general building or ground maintenance;
- Current, valid motor vehicle operator license and clean record.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate a variety of hand and power tools including but not limited to drills, levels, hand and power saws;
- Demonstrated knowledge of general carpentry, electrical and plumbing, HVAC repair and maintenance methods and processes;
- Ability to work independently to achieve desire results on time;
- Demonstrated ability to perform work in manner compliant with generally accepted safety standards and practices;
- Ability to receive and utilize written and verbal instructions, procedures and manuals;
Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with and around a diverse population in an appropriate and friendly manner.