You are here
Reports To: Assistant to the Director of Plant and Operations
Perform diversified housekeeping and cleaning duties within assigned dormitories, common areas and college facilities. Ensure the established housekeeping and safety standards are achieved.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Clean, sanitize and restock bathrooms including: paper, dispensers, etc.;
- Empty trash, dust and polish furniture, counters, shelves and other surface areas using appropriate cleaning, polishing solutions;
- Vacuum and mop floors, stairs, carpets etc.
- Set-up and realign chairs as necessary to restore room to original state;
- Inspect and spot wash windows and walls as needed.
- Identify need for repairs or maintenance beyond housekeeping efforts, escalate need to supervisor;
- Perform deep cleaning of all public buildings during the summer months;
- Follow proper cleaning procedures in a timely, thorough and safe manner;
- Follow guidelines regarding the safe and proper use and disposal of cleaning chemicals, rags and trash;
- Receive and report to requests from faculty, staff and students for maintenance services that extend beyond general housekeeping duties;
- Identify and report any apparent damage, malicious destruction of college property and equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain general information in the required Data base or electronic Documents
- Ability to conduct two-way oral communication effectively;
- 3 months of related housekeeping or general maintenance experience;
- Ability to read and interpret written and oral instruction, directions and labels;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and concern for the timely completion of assigned duties;
- Ability to interact professionally and appropriately with demographically diverse population.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member