You are here
HVAC Technician / Plumber
Location: Marlboro, VT
Reports To: Director of Plant Operations
Perform diversified duties in connection with the effective and safe operation of the college’s water and waste water facility and the performance of plumbing, HVAC and other general facility maintenance and repairs.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
· Perform general maintenance of the waste water treatment system to ensure the proper disposal of wastewater;
· Monitor and control the flow and processing of waste water;
· Maintain the heating and cooling systems; Inspect, perform preventive maintenance and simple repairs to operating system and equipment;
· Identify system repairs and maintenance needs requiring services of outside vendor, coordinate services;
· Perform diversified general repair and maintenance of HVAC system and generally plumbing. Review plans and drawings to determine work required and sequence of installations;
· Install, repair and replace pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures in order to maintain heating / cooling, water, septic and drainage systems;
· Perform snow removal, grounds maintenance and other general facility maintenance as assigned.
Provide support to other areas of the college as manpower needs dictate.
- High School plus additional specialized training within the field of plumbing and HVAC;
- Current state certification Necessary to maintain HVAC and plumbing installations;
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings specifications, tables, charts, and formula;
- Ability to use a variety of measuring instruments and test equipment;
- Current, Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record