You are here
Fleet Coordinator/Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Director of Plant Operations
Coordinate the use and maintenance of the College’s vehicles. Perform diversified general grounds work, maintenance, and repair and carpentry duties on college facilities, buildings and common areas.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
· Perform general vehicle preventive maintenance and repairs, including fueling, oil changes, registrations, inspection etc.
· Obtain quotations for major vehicle service and repairs for review and approval by the Director of Plant Operations;
· Coordinate authorized vehicle maintenance and repairs with mechanic/service provider in a timely and appropriate manner;
· Coordinate and maintain the College’s vehicle use schedule, identify and report conflicting needs for vehicles to Director of Plant Operations;
· Assist in the set up, disassembly and clean-up of furniture, structures and grounds in connection with college events;
· Perform diversified general maintenance and repair duties on buildings, grounds and common areas;
· Perform duties in accordance with work order or general instructions in a manner that is consistent with established procedures, processes or work instructions;
· Conduct ongoing inspection of grounds, buildings and common areas to pro-actively identify maintenance and repair needs;
· Perform new and repair painting of walls, trim, building, furniture etc. as directed;
· Perform a variety of general repair and/or maintenance of a carpentry, HVAC, plumbing nature such as: repair of exterior and interior walls, doors, windows, trim, furniture, gates, locks, and other structures or surfaces; HVAC system preventive maintenance, light and plumbing fixture repair and maintenance
· Perform all general grounds and landscaping duties including but not limited to: mowing, trimming, brush, and leaf and snow removal;
· Submit parking and vehicle registration documents to appropriate individuals for processing in a timely manner;
· Perform general driving, pick up, drop off and delivery duties as requested.
· Perform snow removal, grounds maintenance and other general facility maintenance as assigned.
· Provide support to other areas of the department as manpower needs dictate.
· Minimum 3 years related work experience in general building or ground maintenance
· Current, valid motor vehicle operator license with an acceptable driving record;
· Demonstrated ability to perform basic vehicle maintenance, service and repairs;
· Demonstrated ability to safely operate a variety of hand and power tools including but not limited to drills, levels, hand and power saws;
· Demonstrated knowledge of general carpentry, electrical and plumbing, HVAC repair and maintenance methods and processes;
· Ability to work independently to achieve desire results on time;
· Demonstrated ability to perform work in manner compliant with generally accepted safety standards and practices;
· Ability to receive and utilize written and verbal instructions, procedures and manuals;
Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with and around a diverse population in an appropriate and friendly manner.