You are here
Assistant Director of Residence Life and Community Standards
Department: Student Life
Reports To: Director of Residence Life
The Assistant Director of Residence Life and Community Standards is a full-time, live-in, professional appointment within Marlboro's Department of Student Life reporting directly to the Director of Residence Life. The staff member will function as a vital live-in community member who assists the Director of Residence Life with housing, student conduct, and community standards as well as participates in after-hours on-call rotation duties. On occasion, this position may require significant evening and weekend availability.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Director with activities required to ensure a safe and clean living environment for residential student
- Assist with the implementation of the student conduct process
- Manage the process of ensuring the completion of code of conduct sanctions
- Promote student responsibility, accountability, and leadership experiences
- Oversee the development and implementation of educational, social, and cultural programming for resident students
- Participate in the selection, training, and supervision of resident assistants
- Share on-call rotation as a live-in staff member
- Attend regular Student Life staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required, experience as a resident assistant or similar higher education position strongly preferred. Administrative ability, team-building, supervisory skills and strong interpersonal skills desired. Experience handling confidential information with sensitivity and compassion, ideally in a college residential setting essential. Interest, aptitude, and/or experience in diversity and inclusion, leadership development, and wellness initiatives on college campuses desired. Familiarity with, and affinity for, small colleges and universities is highly desirable. Basic First Aid and CPR are required; training will be provided.