You are here
Welcome New Students
We are thrilled you will be joining the Marlboro community and look forward to meeting you. Prior to your arrival, there's a lot of information we need to exchange. In order to make things easier for you (and to further green our environment), we present to you this Virtual Welcome Packet. When you have completed every item on the Checklist Page, you're ready to come to campus! It is imperative that you submit your forms by their listed deadline or your enrollment status will be affected.
We look forward to meeting you in person on August 19, 2018!
For questions regarding:
- Health forms and information contact Christine Brimmer at 802-258-9335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Advising, Course Registration, and Student Accessibility and Disability Services contact Catherine O’Callaghan at 802-258-9235 or email@example.com.
- FERPA contact Tanya Bernard at 802-258-9233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Housing & student and residential life contact Sara Jane Muratori at 802-258-9232 or email@example.com.
- Student accounts and billing contact Doreen Bacon at 802-258-9241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bridges Orientation Trips contact Liza Mitrofanova at email@example.com.
- Campus Mail Services contact Diana Truncale at firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions may also be sent to email@example.com.
Schedule with Health Care Provider(s)
Prior to coming to campus, you will need a physical exam and documented information from your health care provider(s). We recommend scheduling that appointment as soon as possible to ensure you can submit the following information on time.
Due by July 9, 2018
- Health Services Information Letter outlining our information needs for all health related forms.
Print, complete, and mail:
- Health Forms - (Must be received by the college before July 9, 2018.) consisting of:
- For you to complete: Forms 1-3 - Contact Information and Statement of Privacy, Health History and Insurance Information.
- For your health care provider(s) to complete: Forms 4-6 - Physical Examination, Immunizations, Tuberculosis Screening.
- For your health care provider(s) to complete in certain circumstances:
- Form 7: Tuberculosis Testing - Proceed with testing and fill out this form if indicated after completing Form 6.
- Form 8: Mental Health History - Submit this form if you have been in the care of a mental health provider in the last two years.
- Form 9: Prescription Medications - Submit this form if you are currently prescribed any medications.
- Form 10: Documentation of Varicella (Chickenpox) Disease - Submit this form if you have had varicella (chickenpox) in the past. (A practitioner’s signature is not needed.)
- Immunization exemptions for the 2018/2019 school year, medical or religious, need to be documented under Vermont law. If you have any questions about the law or about immunizations schedules, please call the Total Health Center at 802-258-9335. For an exemption, please fill out Form 11 - School Immunization Exemption Form.
- Complete the following forms regarding health information:
Coming to your new Marlboro College email inbox June 1, 2018
- An email from Assistant Dean of Academic Advising, Catherine O’Callaghan with information about course registration. (Registration period ends June 30)
- An email from Catherine O’Callaghan with information about choosing your Uncommon Read. (Select your book by June 30)
- An email from Bridges Program Director, Liza Mitrofanova ‘15 with information about signing up for your Bridges Trip. (Sign up period ends July 15)
- Visit Bridges anytime to learn more about the Bridges Orientation Trips. Participation is free! Bridges introduces you to a group of incoming students and local areas of interest.
Mailing to your home or permanent address on June 15, 2018
- Tuition & fees bills will be mailed on June 15th. (Payment deadline July 15)
- Visit the Student Accounts to pay your bill online, and to read about billing and student accounts.
Due by June 30, 2018
- Register for classes (refer to email from Catherine O’Callaghan on June 1)
- Select Uncommon Read (refer to email from Catherine O’Callaghan on June 1)
Due by July 15, 2018
- Complete the following forms regarding FERPA:
- Complete the following housing forms:
- Housing Intake Questionnaire Your housing assignment will be made by the first week of August. It will appear in Nook and you will receive emails from the Office of Housing and Residential Life and your Resident Assistant.
- Complete the following forms regarding Academic Advising:
- Complete the following forms regarding Student Accessibility and Disability Services:
- (OPTIONAL) Voluntary Disclosure of Disability - This should be submitted by July 15th is possible, but we do consider requests at any and all points throughout the year.
- Pay your bill with student accounts:
- You can pay online at the Student Accounts webpage.
- Register for your Bridges Orientation Trip:
- Fill out your Bridges Trip Preference Form (refer to email from Liza Mitrofanova on June 1)
- Advising Section on our website - learn how academic advising works at Marlboro.
- Services for Students with Disabilities Letter
Mailing to your home or permanent address on or around August 1, 2018
- Information about receiving mail on campus.
- Information about registering your vehicle (form also available online).
- International students: When possible, we will mail these items to your home address. If we are unable to send them in time to reach you prior to your departure, we will give them to you during orientation.
Due before August 19, 2018
- Waive standard student health insurance plan (if you are currently covered by other health insurance). Final deadline to receive a refund is August 30, 2018.
- Accept your housing assignment. Assignments are sent out by email the first week of August.
- Housing Contract - By accepting a housing assignment, you automatically sign this contract, agreeing to its terms. attach new form here
- What to Bring - Read this list and pack accordingly.
- Residential Life Team - Meet the staff!
- Marlboro College Institutional and Federal Refund Calculation Policies
- Community Constitution and Bylaws - Learn more about Town Meeting, committees, and the rules that govern our community.
- Marlboro College Handbook - Read up on academic and student life policies.
- Important information from the Maintenance team regarding: keys, dorm damage charges, laundry cards & machines.
Other Information of Interest
Arrival Day, Orientation, and Move-In
Arrival, registration, move-in, and Bridges trip departure will be on August 19, 2018. You will receive more details as the date approaches. For some students, you will need to travel to Vermont the night before and stay in nearby accommodations.
Upon arrival, students and their families will meet representatives from various departments and complete the final steps needed for enrollment. Students will receive dorm keys and have a short period of time to move belongings into their new rooms. Students should arrive on campus with their bag for their Bridges trip packed. Bridges trips will leave on Sunday afternoon for a week-long experiential orientation. On-campus orientation will commence when students return from their Bridges trips. During this time, students will have ample time to fully set up their dorm rooms. Federal start of term and Intro Classes begin on August 28th.
Marlboro College is located in Marlboro, Vermont which is approximately 20 minutes by car from the nearby town of Brattleboro. The Amtrak Vermonter train stops in Brattleboro from points south and north. Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut Boston’s Logan International Airport, and Albany International Airport are all within a 3 hour drive from our campus. We suggest renting a car at a major airport if needed. More information about traveling to Marlboro can be found on our website.
All new students are automatically signed up for full meal plan (19 meals/week). Students with housing that allows for reduced meal plans can complete the process to change their plan at the start of the semester. The Office of Housing and Residential Life will send out an email with instructions and a timeline.
Cell Phone Provider
Verizon and US Cellular are recommended.