You are here
Welcome New Students
We are thrilled you will be joining the Marlboro community and look forward to meeting you. Prior to your arrival, there's a lot of information we need to exchange. In order to make things easier for you (and to further green our environment), we present to you this Virtual Welcome Packet. When you have completed every item on the Checklist Page, you're ready to come to campus! It is imperative that you submit your forms by their listed deadline or your enrollment status will be affected.
We look forward to meeting you in person on January 12, 2019 at noon!
Please refer to your checklist to see which documents you still need to submti prior to arrival. Below are deadlines for submitting your forms.
January 2, 2019
January 8, 2019
- Final course registration deadline: The Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, Catherine O'Callaghan, will email you regarding academic advising and course registration. Registration for new students is open December 11, 2018 - January 8, 2019.
- FERPA Acknowledgment Rights Waiver
- (OPTIONAL) FERPA Release Form - If you would like the college to be able to communicate with someone in addition to you, such as a parent or guardian, regarding information on billing, financial aid, housing/conduct and academic status, please submit this form.
- Complete the following forms regarding Academic Advising:
January 19, 2019
- Health Insurance Waiver: If you are currently covered by your own insurance, and plan to waive student health insurance.
Tuition & Fees
Bills are due 30 days from receipt. Visit the Student Accounts to pay your bill online, and to read about billing and student accounts.
Arrival Day, Orientation, and Move-In: January 12, 2019 Noon
Arrival, registration, and move-in will be on January 12, 2019 starting at 12 pm. You will receive more details as the date approaches. For some students, you will need to travel to Vermont the night before and stay in nearby accommodations.
Upon arrival, students and their families will meet representatives from various departments and complete the final steps needed for enrollment. Students will receive dorm keys and have time to move belongings into their new rooms. Orientation will take place after move-in. Federal start of term and Intro Classes begin on January 16.
Travel to Campus
Marlboro College is located in Marlboro, Vermont which is approximately 20 minutes by car from the nearby town of Brattleboro. The Amtrak Vermonter train stops in Brattleboro from points south and north. Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut Boston’s Logan International Airport, and Albany International Airport are all within a 3 hour drive from our campus. We suggest renting a car at a major airport if needed. More information about traveling to Marlboro can be found on our website.
For questions regarding:
- Health forms and information contact Christine Shepard at 802-258-9335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Advising, Course Registration, and Student Accessibility and Disability Services contact Catherine O’Callaghan at 802-258-9235 or email@example.com.
- FERPA contact Cathy Fuller at 802-251-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Housing & student and residential life contact Tanner Jones at 802-258-9232 or email@example.com.
- Student accounts and billing contact Doreen Bacon at 802-258-9241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Mail Services at email@example.com
The following will be mailed to your home or permanent address
- Information about receiving mail on campus.
- Information about registering your vehicle (form also available online).
- International students: When possible, we will mail these items to your home address. If we are unable to send them in time to reach you prior to your departure, we will give them to you during orientation.