You are here
Room Scheduling Procedures
The Registrar will plot all academic space in the appropriate rooms before courses begin for the spring semester. Academic space for the fall semester will be plotted up through the start of classes or the nearest date after that, to allow reasonable access for late faculty hires.
Faculty, staff and students will use the same procedure for booking all events:
- First check the availability of your preferred room. If the desired room is in the following list, obtain permission from the designated contact:
- Baber Painting (Upper): Amy Beecher
- Baber Film/Video (Lower): Brad Heck
- Campus Center: Liz Sisk
- Dining Hall: Liz Sisk
- Drury: Amy Beecher
- Library 209: Beth Ruane
- Library Reading Room: Beth Ruane
- Library Reference Room: Beth Ruane
- Library Research Bar: Beth Ruane
- Persons: Dan Cotter/Adam Katrick
- Ragle: Matan Rubinstein
- Serkin Dance Studio: Kristin Horrigan
- Snyder Art Center: Amy Beecher
- Total Health Center: Christine Shepard
- Whittemore: Jean O'Hara
- Woodard: John Willis
Please note that Library 102 and 202 are booked through the Registrar as they are classrooms.
- Once you have gained permission for the space (if required), submit your reservation request.
- Rooms that are not needed should be canceled by the requester in writing so that the space is made available to others. If the requester made the reservation through the Registrar, the cancellation should be made there as well; similarly for Receptionist & Administrative Aid requests.
- In the event a Marlboro College community member requires a specific room for an important event and the room has already been previously booked by someone else, it will be up to the community member needing the room to work out mutually-acceptable arrangements with the original party and to let the Registrar know, in writing, if a change of rooms occurs. It is not the responsibility of the Registrar to negotiate special arrangements between parties.
- In all cases, the individual or group using the space will be responsible for cleaning the area as well as turning off the lights and locking the door.
Thank you for your cooperation!